Happy List :: Eleven
It's been a little while since I wrote a happy list here so I figured now was as good a time as any. This week is a long work week for me as I'm working both days this weekend. BUT I have four days off afterwards which I'm really looking forward to. I have no idea what my plans are going to be for those days (apart from one evening when I actually do have to do some work and go give a talk) but sometimes not knowing is the best. I don't know what happened to the really nice weather we were starting to get, but it's a right pain that it's now decided to go all grey and gross again here. I did see somewhere that there might even be a chance of snow this weekend, but I'm really hoping I just misread that! There were a lot of things to be happy about last week and although this week is a 7 day work week there is still plenty of bright moments too.
- I made up some cookie dough to keep in the freezer for those moments when you really just need a cookie. I did bake up two of them though one for me and one for Robert, y'know the all important taste test!
- We went round to our friend Ed's place on Saturday night and got Gourmet Burger Kitchen takeaway burgers and chips to eat while watching The Lobster. Robert made the better chip choice as the skinny fries were crazy tiny but the chunky chips were nice and crispy! These engineers can be a little difficult when it comes to movies, but I think Robert quite enjoyed my choice as it kept him thinking, so I'm taking that as a win.
- We got some really annoying boring jobs sorted, like going to the tip, which means that we've now freed up a bit of space in the house.
- On Saturday I made summer rolls with hoisin dip and on Sunday Robert made scrambled eggs with toasted Italian bread and smoked salmon. YUM.
- We changed our bedsheets and I decorated our room with some of our fairy lights. Is there anything better than getting into bed with fresh sheets? I ordered a new duvet set from H&M so they are the freshest of the fresh!
- I bought a few plants for the kitchen the other week and they are still alive, yay! I don't have much luck with house-plants for some reason so lets see how long these last.
- White hot chocolate has been my saviour for those moments when I've really needed something.
- Robert bought me new teas too! Green tea with cranberry and green tea with mango, both delicious.
- We rearranged the living room so now we have quite a bit of floor space and it just looks so much more inviting. Now I want to see if we can pick up a bright rug for the floor.
- Game of Thrones is back. We watched it curled up on the sofa together with tea, bliss. Although it made us miss our old housemate Steve who we used to watch it with, and he would get so excited about the dragons. We miss you Steve!
Here are some other things from around the internet that I've been enjoying recently: Apartment Therapy's small cool competition is back and it's one of my favourite times of the year, it's so fun seeing how people design their small living spaces. I used to study Classics and Archaeology and I really miss it so listening to Natalie Haynes Stands Up for the Classics was a fun reminisce, it's also really interesting. Nat Geo's Travel Photographer of the year contest is on and there are some beautiful images if you haven't already seen. I loved Lu's post of 5 reasons why you should visit Lisbon, not only great ideas but beautiful photos too.
How has your week been? Do share any links from around the internet that you've been loving lately as finding new things is always fun!
You can follow along on
If you liked this post you might like Sunday Strolling and Summer Rolling or Wanderlust Wishlist