Happy List :: Nineteen
It feels as though January has been going on for a lot longer than 2 weeks, but I've already started noticing that the afternoons are staying lighter for a teeny tiny bit longer each day. The last couple of weeks have gone by in a bit of a blur and I feel that I still haven't quite got to grips with what week it is, let alone what day. We had some birthday celebration times at the weekend for my mum which meant we got another opportunity post Christmas to gather all, or at least most, of the family together for food and, of course, cake!It's been fun thinking over these past couple of weeks and focusing on all of the good bits that have happened, instead of thinking about how grey and cold it's been or how traffic is just completely bleurgh post Christmas!
- On the first January weekend I met up with my lovely blogger babes Anna and Charlotte to have our Knitmas exchange. We met up at Exmouth Market and it was the most fun afternoon ever! We drank tea, talked Harry Potter, Instagram, politics and everything in between.
- With our Knitmas exchange I got the loveliest bobble hat that Anna made and I love it, I've been wearing it literally everyday since. All three of us also bought plant babies from the most amazing shop and I'm happy to say that I haven't killed mine off, yet!
- I know it was a while back but we had a fun chilled out new years eve celebration over at Ed's where we ate pizza, popcorn and watched crappy movies. We ended up ringing in midnight watching Dante's Peak. Yup, that's right, Dante's Peak. Absolute Pierce Brosnan cheese. I think the last time I saw that movie was at secondary school during Geography class and I remember thinking it was terrible then haha!
- I got some wireless headphones for Christmas which has made running so much better and easier. It's meant that when we've gone for runs so far this month I haven't had to keep fussing with the wire or trying to make sure the earplugs don't fall out multiple times.
- The day after boxing day we all headed off to Brighton to take my niece ice skating outside the Pavilion. It was a lot of fun and she did an excellent job of not falling over! We then met up with some extended family, ate fish and chips on the beach and headed to a very cool coffee shop in Worthing.
- On Wednesday evening I came home to a dinner of pizza which was the absolute best after a very long and horrible journey into work that morning.
- I finished reading a book my nan bought me for Christmas this week and have started on Kate Atkinson's Life After Life which I am completely hooked on already. This year I'm hoping to always have a book on the go and in my bag!
- Someone contacted me through my Etsy shop to say how much they liked my work and wanted to interview me for something which is pretty exciting!
- We celebrated Mum's birthday this weekend having lunch at my nan's, catching up with everyone post Christmas and giving Jazz the cat lots of attention and cuddles. I made a chocolate loaf cake for it and there was so much batter for it that it even made a couple of extra individual cakes which will be treats for this week!
- The other Sunday was our last #hpsonofawitch night, where we all watch Harry Potter movies and tweet along together which Anna organised. It's been so much fun, and I can't wait for our next movie choice!
Some bits I've loved lately
Have you seen penpapersoul's instagram yet? I really enjoyed Flora's post on the lessons of buying a home. There's so much inspiration to take from these photos of scandi inspired living rooms. Robert and I have decided we are going to try to work through this list of 100 best films of the 21st century. Finally, possibly the best thing, Anna's latest weekly vlog is awesome, she is an all round cool lady that you should definitely subscribe to!