Happy List :: Twenty-Eight
The last couple of weeks have been a bit of a whirlwind. I ended up having a few trips to the hospital the week before we went to Amsterdam, which was pretty stressful for the both of us. Luckily I was well enough to still travel, but it meant we hadn't really done much planning of things to do while we were away. Amsterdam was beautiful though, and our hotel was a converted tram depot and was pretty cool; we ended up eating lots and spending too much money but had fun. Here are a few other things that have been making me happy over the last few weeks:
- Roses from my parents garden which filled the living room with their sweet scent.
- Getting stuck into some sewing projects and making plans for new ones.
- A three day week with a Friday off spent catching up with my mum.
- Successfully completing week 7 of C25K and gaining a new mile personal best.
- Sunday afternoon spent listening to Van Morrison with a snuggly cat by my side.
- A bank holiday walk in the woods. Hearing all the birdsong and meeting all the local dogs out for an explore.
- A tidy, clean house that gives me all the happy feels. I love this place so much.
- A family trip to see Matthew Bourne's Cinderella at the Marlowe. Followed by a delicious spaghetti dinner and cherry tart.
- Cinema trip to see Deadpool 2 with work friends and finally getting to see A Quiet Place- possibly the tensest movie I've seen in a while.
- A Saturday morning visit to Whitstable for coffee, wandering along the beach and a couple of purchases from Harbour Books a beautiful independent store!
- Making hummus for the first time in our new blender. It's super noisy but makes things super smooth!
- I spent Sunday afternoon making bread for the first time in ages and was pretty pleased with the results. I forgot how much I love making bread, so I might have to try making this a more regular occurrence!
- While we were in Amsterdam we left Pumpkin with my parents and they completely fell in love with her. I'm not surprised because she is a total cutie pie.
Here are a few things I've enjoyed from around the internet lately too:
- I always Love Lulu's beautiful photos and words, and this glimpse of her winter season is like a big hug.
- This house tour made me want to move to the forest and live in a cabin.
- Google launched a free online exhibition about the women who fought for the right to vote.
- This post from What Olivia Did made me want to jump on a plane to Italy.
What has made you happy recently?