Happy List :: Thirty
I love writing these posts, as it's so easy to let good things slip by without really appreciating and realising how lovely they were. With each year seeming to go by faster and faster, it's nice to sit down and reflect on some of the little things that have made me happy, and to appreciate how lucky I am.
- Fish and chips on a Friday night eaten whilst re-watching old Bake Off episodes. It had been such a long busy week last week, so it was the perfect end of week treat.
- I had my niece up visiting the other weekend. We made a delicious cake, had pizza for dinner and went to the cinema to see Incredibles 2. We also managed to squeeze in a quick visit to the local park and walk along the river. It was so much fun, but also, entertaining a 7 year old is completely exhausting!
- We went to my nan's for Sunday lunch a couple of weekends ago. It had been a while since I last saw her so it was lovely to catch up, especially as my sister, her partner and my parents were there too.
- I had my second massage from the voucher R gave me which was a nice way to spend a Saturday morning.
- On Wednesday I spent the evening crashed out on the sofa watching To All the Boys I've Loved Before. It was so cute, and one I would really recommend if you enjoy that genre of film.
- I had a good 5K run on Tuesday, after a rather rubbish run the week before. Although, I went out after dinner and hadn't realised how quickly it's getting dark now. I'm really excited for autumn, but will be sad to see the lighter mornings and evenings go.
- National Burger Day was yesterday so we celebrated it with homemade burgers!
- R and I have booked some time off in September and this week R booked our accommodation in Scotland! I think we're both very much looking forward to slowing down.
- Last Sunday I spent the day making bread and reading which was just what I needed.
- We took advantage of the M&S pizza meal deal last week. We had the parma ham pizza (which was so good) with potato wedges, followed by apple pie. Yum!
SOME THINGS I'VE ENJOYED FROM AROUND THE INTERNET:
- Tenneil's post on being a small blogger.
- This theory about Mulan becoming the protector of her family. It also made me realise it's been way too long since I last saw this movie.
- Did you see it was Museum Meme Day on Twitter this week?
- I've added these books to my reading list.
- This house tour which includes lots of pictures of their Maine Coon cats.
- I think I'm going to have to try these homemade cleaning recipes.