A Happy List :: Eight
This week has been a bit of an odd one weather wise. One minute it seems like it's going to be a sunny crisp autumn day and then the next is all blustery and grey. Secretly I quite like the blustery grey days, especially when it makes the fallen leaves float around making it feel like you're in Hocus Pocus or an episode of Winnie the Pooh... Anyway here are the things the last few weeks that have made me happy.
- I was given those chocolate mints for my birthday from my friend and they are super tasty. I've been treating myself to a couple most evenings and it's just the right hit of sweetness that I need after dinner.
- I've been getting back into reading again having been given a load more books for my birthday. I'm currently making my way through A God in Ruins and it's a really good read.
- We didn't get to any fireworks this week as Robert was at a conference in London. But I did ensure we got bonfire food by making hotdogs with onions followed by smores, it was awesome!
- I tried out a new knitting pattern for some fair isle christmas bauble decorations. It's the first time i've tried a fair isle pattern and I'm really happy with how it's turned out!
- At the weekend we went to a friend's for a mini halloween celebration and watched Cabin in the Woods. The movie might have been absolutely terrible but it was a fun evening.
- We ended up going out for curry this week with some other engineers. The food was yummy and it was a good evening, even if I didn't always understand the conversation.
- I got back to the gym on Sunday for some weight training and got some more weights and yoga in this week. I had been doing well before the new job at going to the gym and working out, but since August it took a bit of a back seat so it's nice to get back into things again.
- We went to see Spectre at the weekend which was an, eh, okay movie. The popcorn though, was delicious.
- I went to see Kenneth Branagh's production of A Winter's Tale in London last week with my mum and it was really fun catching up and spending some quality time together.
- It's been a pretty good work week and I've been getting through my to do list so I should be on track for some deadlines I set myself, yay!
Hope you've all had a lovely week and got some fun things planned for the weekend.